Friday, January 06, 2012

Christmas 2011

We had a very nice Christmas and it was considered a "white" Christmas since we still had snow on the ground from a previous snow storm. After our Christmas Eve festivities of birthday, Christmas piano songs, and reading Luke 2, we snuggled the girls to bed and got all the Santa stuff done before settling down for the night. In the morning we were in a little hurry as the girls woke up after 7am--no early risers there--and we started opening up gifts, eating a quick breakfast, and getting ready for 9am church where I had to play for the choir.

Before the Madness
Christmas Pajamas--my sewing machine broke so I didn't make them this year which meant one less thing to stress about
Evelyn transformed into Cinderella (love Halloween clearance!)
And I'm one of "those" moms that make my children at all costs get a picture in their Christmas dress. As evidenced below, someone wasn't too happy with me.
To even the score, I got a picture of the parentals too
The big gift of the year, wait for it--RATS! Since I have vetoed cats and dogs as pets, and fish were too boring according to Elizabeth (there's a story you should ask her about that sometime), we did a little research. Rats don't carry the bubonic plague (anymore) and actually make really good pets. Unlike guinea pigs, they are not nocturnal and like to come out and play without biting you. We actually got the rats on the 23rd so no big surprise for the girls there but in the two weeks we've had them, I've been pleased. They are easy to care for and the girls love them (we'll see how long that lasts). If you want to try them out, just come on over for a visit and I'm sure you'll get over the long tail thing quickly as you look in their red eyes.
Their lovely abode, a quite spacious multi-level dwelling complete with exercise wheel and hammock that's not really used.

No comments: