Friday, June 25, 2010

Your pet is NOT your baby!

This post has nothing to do with our family (well, little to do with our family). Mostly it's Eric's chance to rant about something. I'm planning on taking our readership down from 20 readers to 3, as I will be offending the other 17.

Alicia and I aren't big on pets. I love dogs, except when they make you work, which is a lot of the time. But we notice how we're unique, almost everyone in Colorado has a pet and loves it. After watching the video below I decided it's time to say something...

YOUR DOG IS NOT YOUR BABY!!! That implies bestiality, I imagine most of you that call your pet your baby aren't really into that sort of thing? I know a lot of people seem to have pets in lieu of children. IT'S NOT THE SAME THING!!! Stop calling your pet your baby, it's offensive to us real parents who go through the real work and get the real rewards of being parents. Your cheap substitute is not the real thing just because you delusionally refer to the pet as your child.

2 comments:

The Dixon Family said...

AMEN.

MaryAnn said...

Oh, we're definitely with you.