Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend

We had a beautiful and sunny Memorial Day Weekend. Saturday we went to the free Splash Park and cooled off. Monday I ran the Bolder Boulder 10K and it was the biggest race I've ever been in with 54,000 participants. I went with a group of girls from our ward and they all did awesome. My time was 48:34, 3,707 overall, 676th female, and 28th for 30 year old females. It was a pretty crazy race with spectators hosing us down (one place had a slip-n-slide), offering beer & chips, belly dancers, and lots of bands playing along the way. Not only were the spectators wild and crazy, the runners/walkers were too. People were dressed up as bananas, I saw two just married brides and grooms, guys painted green, guys painted gold, Elvis, and many more people that had to be uncomfortable in their costumes for 6.214 miles.

Eric and the girls met up with me afterward and we went to the Boulder Festival. I must say, Boulder is a beautiful city and there are tons of bicyclists!
Elizabeth doing some Renaissance sword fighting. Needless to say, she's not the most aggressive girl.

Here are some other random pictures from the past week or so. Here is Elizabeth with her favorite activity as of late--reading books via a Playaway from the library.
Rachel has super powers--in particular from church, scripture power!
Evelyn is our resident tongue roller.
The Carlsen girls

3 comments:

Seth & Mel said...

I ate at in-n-out yesterday and boy was it tasty now only if they could get rid of that crappy "spread" and put fry sauce from artic circle then things would be grand.

Seth

Eric said...

Them's fightin' words.

Devony said...

Good job on your race! I enjoyed Elizabeth's sword fighting skills. You'll have to put that girl in fencing lessons or something!