So all of us took a trip to the doctor's office this morning for the highly anticipated ultrasound. It took awhile to get all the vital pictures for the doctor as the baby wasn't cooperating but after about a half hour, we found out we are going to have another little girl! Elizabeth was really upset and cried "I want a brother, I don't have a brother." What do you tell a 4 year old, maybe next time if there is one? She was seriously upset for a good 15 minutes and now she'll tell people mommy has a baby in her tummy and it's a girl but I want a brother. Hopefully she'll come around in the next 20 weeks.
None of the ultrasound pictures look all that great but here's one.

On another note, this afternoon I went to check on some hanging flowers I got for mother's day and this is what I found.

A mother bird decided to build a nest and lay an egg. I showed the girls the egg and then went inside to get some water for the flowers and when I came out, the egg was gone. The girls wanted to inspect it some more I guess and dropped it. That poor mother bird now has no egg.
2 comments:
Wow, your house is going to be quite the place when all those girls are teenagers! We had a similar baby bird incident at Sydney's school. Kids kept shaking a tree that had a nest in it and the next day Syd found a broken egg shell on the ground.
Welcome to the club!!! Kimmee knows how Elizabeth feels. She was pretty adamant that Krista was a boy, and was a little disappointed that she wasn't...now she just insists that we need to have 17 kids so she'll be sure to get a brother.
Anyway, congrats - I've loved having all girls (probably because I don't know any different, but loved it just the same)!
Post a Comment