Friday, January 13, 2017

We have a TEENAGER in the house!

I can't believe I am old enough to have a teenager in the house now!  Our Christmas Eve baby is now a beautiful 13 year old.  On her birthday we went to see Star Wars: Rogue One (it might just become a tradition to watch a Star wars movie on Christmas Eve) and then had birthday dinner with Lisa and family.

Yes we bought Elizabeth a smart phone in the hopes that she will be able to communicate with us when needed.  I'm more worried about her losing it than becoming too attached to it.



Some of the things we love about Elizabeth:

  • She continues to be our book worm devouring books
  • She is a great sister to both her younger sisters
  • Elizabeth is very empathetic and when things get awkward in a show she will leave the room.  She is also very aware of others' emotions and concerned when it appears I am having a bad day.
  • She is becoming a pretty good swimmer
  • Loves nature.  I foresee a lifelong hiking buddy
  • She generally has a very happy disposition (we'll see if teenage hormones change that but I hope not)
  • Elizabeth is great at starting interesting and deep conversations
  • She enjoys watching science videos online and can spout all the information back to you
We love you Elizabeth!


No comments: