Saturday, May 04, 2013

It is Finished!

Conference weekend a month ago I decided to start a cross-stitch (after a hiatus from cross-stitching for a couple years) for my nephew who was receiving his Eagle award.  I made one for my brother when he got his Eagle and must have forgotten how long it took because I naively thought I could get it done in two weeks if I worked really hard.  Many hours of sacrificing by watching TV and working with my hands, it is finished and only two weeks past the Eagle Court of Honor.


And another project (s) that we started this week was on our home.  After five years living here we decided we needed a fourth bedroom (I know Melissa we should have done this long ago) so we found a contractor to convert our loft computer/craft area into a bedroom designated for Rachel or whatever guest might venture through Denver so please come!

Day 1 Framing

Day 2 &3 Drywall

Day 4 Prepping for final Paint Job

Day 5 Finish Up

Now we just have to move the computer downstairs, paint the rest of the room purple, buy a bed for Rachel, and figure out decorations and other furniture.  If that doesn't take everything out of me, I might oversee other home improvement projects around the house like our backyard and basement so stay tuned.

No comments: