Thursday, May 16, 2013

A Sunny Saturday

After a May 1st snow storm (really I am DONE with snow for the season!) we had a nice Saturday and good thing too as it was the last day of soccer.  Rachel had a birthday party to go to at Centennial park so we just took the whole family and enjoyed the sun before heading to the soccer game.  Evelyn played with mommy and daddy, Rachel played with classmates especially Ella, and Elizabeth talked Harry Potter with the birthday boy's older brother who's in Elizabeth's class.

We lost our final soccer game, as with almost all the others, but it finally seemed that the girls got it.  I only had to give directions once and they went for the ball and I desperately wanted a few more practices to continue teaching new skills since at least half of our practices were canceled due to weather.  I guess there's the next fall season where we'll move up one more age group and bring goalies to the mix.

Some of my silly girls at our after game end-of-season picnic.

Coach twinners.  Melanie and I coach different age groups and her daughter's on my team.  We also run races and train together and swap teaching piano lessons so I guess we're twinners in more ways than one.



No comments: