Me, Melanie, Lara, and Kristin (only pre-race picture posted you don't want to see me post)
Monday, June 04, 2012
Another Half
Some friends of mine helped me realize that this was the year to attempt another half marathon. The only other one I've done was the 2007 Air Force half marathon in Dayton. We trained early Saturday mornings together, one time even in the pouring rain and made it to race day for the Louisville Half. It was a nice course with a well groomed dirt trail for much of it which I liked. What I didn't like was the hill at mile 7 & 11 since that part was an out an back bit and then no Gatorade or energy gel at the aid stations. We all made it and had a pretty good time doing it. My official time was 1:45:42 which I was okay with and I won 2nd place for my age group.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment