Thursday, July 21, 2011

As the Summer Whizzes By

I know all my faithful followers have been on the edge of their seat just waiting to see what else the Carlsens have been up to this summer. I must admit I was a little overzealous with our first week's activities and then blogging about it so diligently as you see I have been remiss in my blogging duties lately. Here are some pictures chronicling some of our adventures plus some days swimming (no pictures) and another separate entry of our weekend camping. I can't believe the girls go back to school next week--Elizabeth on Tuesday as a big 2nd grader and Rachel on Thursday as a kindergartner.

We went to the park with friends and caught bugs

The library had a Fun Bus activity. Despite Rachel's face in this picture she had fun.

July 4th Ward party that Eric was in charge of. We weren't expecting many people but crowds came and the guys were dutiful in cooking pretty good pancakes. I felt like it was the feeding the 5,000 with a few loaves of bread miracle. The kids had a bike parade and some fighter planes did a direct fly-over in formation (yeah Eric has ties at the Buckley AF base j/k:).

Our other July 4 festivities included a BBQ with friends complete with rocket pops from the ice cream man (a one-time splurge I assure you) and watching fireworks from Lookout Point by our house. The girls and Eric complained to me that we weren't "up close" to the fireworks but I didn't want to deal with traffic and thought the view of the whole Denver valley was pretty cool.

And Monday we finally used some coupons and went to Pirate's Cove water park where the girls had a blast splashing in the water and tubing the lazy river.
Arrrrrgh!

No comments: